USHA Spring Conference 25th - 27th April 2018 Exeter
Theme: ‘Without Health and Safety there is no wellbeing’
Venue : Mercure Rougemont Hotel Exeter
For Conference details follow this link : Programme and Social timetable
Bookings have now closed
Wellbeing’ is having a significant influence on the higher education sector’s strategic development and is uppermost in the ‘mind' of the sector.
The USHA 2018 Spring Conference will facilitate a wide range of topics on the mental and physical aspects of both safety and health leadership and behaviours.
Professor Dame Carol Black DBE Principal of Newnham Cambridge will be presenting the opening address looking at the health of the University working population.
Conference keynote presentations will cover :
- Securing leadership and engagement in wellbeing within safety and health in UK University's
- Looking at the changing world of health surveillance
- Hearing more about recovery, rehabilitation and positive attitudes
- Looking at the health work toolbox and the wellbeing suppport route
2018 will see an improved social programme with the opportunity to join in fun activities on and off site, free time to discover more about the area , tuck in to a sumptuous Devon cream tea as well as enjoy two networking dinners.
USHA Fire Group Seminar 24th - 25th May 2018
The event is taking place at St Georges Park, Burton Upon Trent ( between Birmingham and Derby) - home of the England Football training ground!
Theme : Student Accommodation Safety
Keynote presentations include :
- Post Grenfell from an insurers viewpoint
- A legal update for fire officers
- Accreditation options for fire risk officers
- Fire engineering
- Behavioural changes
- Obligatory student training
- Good fire safety practice in student accommodation
The seminar hotel The Hilton is now FULL. However there is alternate accommodation nearby: Mercure Hotel Burton Upon Trent; Holiday Inn or The 3 Horseshoes
USHA Estates Group Seminar 10th - 11th July 2018
Jubilee Conference Centre University of Nottingham
Triumph Road,The University of Nottingham,NG7 2TU
Theme : Safety Assurance
Tuesday 10th July : Registration from 08.30 with the Seminar starting at 10.00
Wednesday 11th July :The Seminar ends at 12.15
Keynote presentations include:
- What safety assurances would the HSE seek if something goes wrong?
- What is safety assurance; is it more than statutory compliance in estates and facilities ?
- 18001 ( 45001) , 14001 - is this adequate assurance ?
- Contractor Management
- RIBA Stage 0 to 4 - how do we achieve safety in design
The Networking Dinner is taking place on Tuesday 10th July
There is a 3 star Devere Hotel on site.However there are only a few rooms left due to a cricket match at Trent Bridge.
Due to this they are only taking a minimum reservation of 2 nights at £129 pppp
There is free carparking and Wi-Fi, a Fitness Suite and Atrium Hotel Bar.
Alternate nearby accommodation at more competitive rates : Premier Inn, Holiday Inn and The Village Hotel.
Non USHA events
USHA organises several conferences throughout the year.
The aim of USHA conferences are to establish:
- networking and information sharing
- dissemination of best practice
- celebrate successes
- launch new initiatives
- consult with the membership
- debate and discuss issues impacting the sector
USHA has an established history of successful conference events, providing a first class programme of speakers and covering a wide range of current issues.
All our events are for USHA Members ONLY.